John R. Harris Park
Patrolled By Harris County Sheriff’s Department, 713-221-6000
About the Park

John R. Harris Park is 8 acres of undeveloped green space. Park is named after John Richardson Harris who immigrated to Texas in the early 1820’s at the coming together of the Buffalo and Brays Bayou. Harris established the town in the northeast corner of his land grant under the name of Harrisburg. (City name was originally spelled Harrisburgh, h was dropped)

Maps and Directions
Download Park Map
Click on the map below to zoom