Here at Precinct 2, our hearts go out to our community during this stressful, difficult time. With so many families forced to adjust their daily routines for such a lengthy period of time, we want to do our best in providing you with the resources you need to get through this. After all, we are #InIt2gether!
One of the struggles families are running into is – what do we do with the children at home? How do we keep the learning going? Well, we’ve browsed around and found a few resources for you!
If you’re looking for some general, fun activities you can enjoy with your children, click here to visit a blog with some great ideas!
If you’re looking for a more learning-based curriculum for the week, be sure to check with your child’s school district to see if they’re offering any educational resources/learning packets that can be done from home. Otherwise, take a look at the link below to find more learning opportunities for your kids.
Be sure to also follow Harris County Precinct 2 on social media for more information and updates on other resources available to you. Enjoy and good luck!
RESOURCES BY AGE
Pre-K through 2
- Highlights for Children is offering FREE printable worksheets for preschoolers to second grade! Choose from the grade levels below and click the link to download the worksheets:
Pre-K through 5
- Have Fun Teaching creates worksheets, activities, flashcards, and other educational resources to help teachers and parents save time when creating their children’s curriculum. They’ve created FREE Coronavirus Relief packets your children can work on and can be downloaded here. NOTE: The download is a .zip file. You must be on a computer or laptop to save it.
Pre-K through 12
- Scholastic is offering a "Learn at Home" website for children that can be accessed from any device. Click here to find out more about the classes offered and select the link appropriate age-range link.
- Learn In Color offers a variety of worksheets and study guides from all different subjects like math, social studies, science and more! Click here to browse through their site to find an option that works for your child.
- No school? No problem! Whataburger and UpBrainery are partnering to provide middle schoolers with access to FREE online classes hosted by actual teachers. NOTE: Registration is FREE for the first 500 children. Click here to register.
What do you think?
Send us feedback!