Welcome to the latest from Commissioners Court from April 28th! Here, you can find out more about some of the hot topics discussed during Commissioners Court, such as Public Health, Environmental, Construction Projects, and more. Don't forget to also sign up for our Monthly Newsletter to receive these updates.
Commissioners Court approved donations to be accepted by Precinct 2:
- 12,000 surgical masks from Jiahua Chemical.
576 bottles of sanitizer from Buffalo Bayou Distelleries LLC.
Precinct 2 donated storage space at Wade Road Transportation Department in Baytown to Precinct2gether, Inc. to house building supply items related to COVID-19 impact through April 29, 2021. Commissioners Court approved Houston Independent School District/ Baylor College of Medicine for a renewal to continue providing clinic/health services for a school-based teen clinic program for students enrolled in HISD within the boundaries of Precinct 2 for the Harris County Hospital District, dba Harris Health System, Ambulatory Care Services, for the period ending April 15, 2021, at no cost to the county.
- Commissioner Garcia gave the Homeless Task Force additional time to study, assess, and make recommendations to Court, moving the due date for their report from May 19th to August 25th.
- Community Services Department updated its Program Year 2020 plan with the additional CDBG-CAES Act funding. ESG Projects have been allocated $3,669,474.00 and $6,635,648.00 for CDBG Projects. $1.2 million of CDBG has been allocated for home delivery meal providers, of which Precinct2gether, Inc. – Home Delivered Meals for Seniors has been allocated$94,746.00 which will allow us to provide meals for 400 seniors in response to Covid-19 impacts. Also, $4.3 million has been allocated for Emergency Rental/Mortgage/ Utility Assistance Program.
- Several tracks in Precinct 2 were acquired for the Hurricane Harvey Buyout Project and the Community Development Block Grant-Disaster Recovery Voluntary Buyout for the purpose of preventing future flood damage. Both of these are volunteer buyout programs. Tracks are located at 17319 River Rd., 17321 River Rd., 5106 Tali Dr., 4309 Dairy Oaks Rd., 20227 Shady Lane, and 1806 Idle Glen Roadway.
- Approval of an amendment to an agreement with the Houston Area Women's Center in the additional amount of $123,635 in Emergency Solutions Grants funds for a Domestic Violence Emergency Shelter.
- To the Houston Parks Board LGC, Inc of tracts C & D for Buffalo Bayou downtown trail project in Precinct2
- Two tracts for the Hurricane Harvey buyout project in Precinct 2. (Flood Control Project)
- Seven tracts for the Community Development Block Grant-Disaster Recovery Voluntary Bayou project in Precincts 1,2, and 3. (Flood Control Project)
- One hundred and fifty-seven tracts for the Hurricane Harvey Mitigation Grant Program Disaster Recovery-4332-004 buyout project in all Precincts for Flood Control.
Authorization to negotiate for engineering services with:
- Jones & Carter, Inc. in connection with a traffic signal project at Repsdorph Road at Loch Lake Drive in Precinct 2.
- The Goodman Corporation for on-call engineering services with various Precinct 2 projects.
- B2Z Engineering, LLC, in connection with Carpenterâ€™s Bayou North trail from northeast of Beltway 8 to north of Woodforest Boulevard in Precinct 2
- AKV Consultants, LLC, in connection with the Dell Dale Street sidewalk at Woodforest Drive to 510 Dell Dale Street in Precinct 2.
Approval to execute amendments/ agreements with:
- HT&J, LLC, in the amount of $229,056 for engineering services in connection with the drainage and infrastructure improvements to Highland Ridge and Highland Estates Subdivision in Precinct 2.
- Walter P. Moore & Associates, Inc., in the amount of $290,208 for engineering services in connection with the drainage and infrastructure improvements to Creel Country Estates Subdivision in Precinct 2, not to exceed $464,368.
- The Goodman Corporation in the amount of$251,428 for engineering services for community planning improvements in the Barrett area in Precinct 2.
- Asakura Robinson Company, LLC, in the amount of $624,450 for landscape architecture services for a park and trail analysis in Precinct 2.
Approvals of changes in contract with:
- Fused Industries for Peninsula Street reconstruction from Jacinto Port to the Port of Houston gate in Precinct 2, adding 34 calendar days and an additional $351,914 to the contract amount. (New total $10,285,848.25 with a Precinct 2 contribution of $2,057,169.65)
- Landscape Art for the Atascocita Area Park in Precinct 2 for an additional $5,280 to the contract amount. (New total $4,601,550.67)
- Triple B Services, LLP, for Federal Road reconstruction in Precinct 2, for an additional $6,631 to the contract amount. (New total $3,998,158.96)
- CMC Development and Construction Corporation for the Nance Street parking lot and Semmes Street project in Precinct 2, adding 8 calendar days and an additional $38,392 to the contract amount. (Harris County Engineering Department Project)
- Portfolio Builder for Atascocita Area Park, Phase 2 in Precinct 2, adding 14 calendar days and resulting in a reduction of $55,958 from the contract amount.(New total $811,423.26)
- NBG Constructors, Inc., for the Market Street Bridge at Flood Control District Unit G103-06-00 in Precinct 2, adding 14 calendar days and an additional$54,550 to the contract amount. (Hurricane Harvey Recovery Fund, a new total of $2,421,310.
- Lockwood, Andrews & Newman, Inc., for the Fairgreen and Eastex Freeway Forest subdivisions drainage improvements project in Precinct 2.
- Fivengineering, LLC., for the Happy Hide a Way Subdivision drainage improvements project in Precinct 2.
- Gauge Engineering, LLC., for Spanish Cove Subdivision drainage improvements project in Precinct 2.
1. Approval to execute amendments/ agreement with:
- CivilTech Engineering, Inc., in the amount of$850,000 for a feasibility study for the Greens Bayou Watershed downstream of and including Unit P500-010-00 to identify existing problems along major and tributary channels for alternatives to reduce flooding in the Greens Bayou Watershed in Precincts 1 and 2.
- Alliance Laboratories, Inc., with a partial encumbrance of $200,000 and not to exceed$550,004 for materials engineering and testing services as needed for support of the Brays Bayou federal flood control project in the Brays Bayou Watershed in Precincts 1, 2 and 3.
- Raba Kistner, Inc., in the amount of $219,405 for materials engineering and testing services in support of bridge modifications and channel excavation over and along with Brays Bayou discrete segments on the Brays Bayou Watershed in Precinct 1,2, and 3.
- Professional Services Industries, Inc., in the additional amount of $59,910 for materials engineering and resting services for the replacement of the Forest Hill Bridge at Brays Bayou on unit D100-00-00 in the Brays Bayou Watershed in Precinct 2.
- R,. G. Miller Engineers, Inc., in the amount of $834,792 for design, bidding and construction phase engineering services for the construction of the Crosby Eastgate Mitigation Bank on Unit Q700-01-00 in the Cedar Bayou Watershed in Precinct 2.
- Gunda Corporation, LLC, for preliminary engineering and design services in support of Units Q134-00-00 and Q134-01-00 channel improvement study in the Cedar Bayou Watershed in Precinct 2.
- HR Green, Inc., for preliminary engineering and design services in support of Unit Q130-00-00 channel improvement study in the Cedar Bayou Watershed in Precinct 2.
- Certain political jurisdictions and other public agencies for partnership drainage improvements projects in Precinct 2
- Design and construction of the B509-04-00 stormwater detention basin in the Armand Bayou Watershed in Precinct 2.
- Design and construction of channel conveyance improvements along Adlong Ditch in Cedar Bayou Watershed Precinct 2.
- Design and construction of channel conveyance improvements along F216-00-00 in the Galveston Bay Watershed in Precinct 2.
- Design and construction of general drainage improvements in the Goose Creek Watershed in Precinct 2.
- Design and construction of Wallisville outfall in the Hunting Bayou Watershed in Precincts 1 and 2.
- Flood Control District cost share of a study with the City of Houston on Wallisville outfall in the Hunting Bayou Watershed in Precinct 1 and 2.
- Floodplain preservation in the Luce Bayou Watershed in Precinct 2.
- Design and construction of general drainage improvements n the Vince Bayou Watershed in Precinct 2.
- GeoScience Engineering & Testing, Inc., to increase compensation and payment in an additional amount of $550,000 and amend delivery of notices for construction material testing and geotechnical engineering services in support of the construction of East Sam Houston Tollway between IH-45 South to SH-225, including replacement of overpass at SH-225 and Jacinto Port in Precinct 2.
Fiscal Services & Purchasing:
1. Approval of audited claims, including final payments to
- Specialty Construction TX, LLC, for construction of pedestrian facilities in Precinct 4 and for the contract to be used by Precinct 2 for construction services to install tournament trails sidewalk. (Precinct 2 Project complete)
1. Approval of projects scheduled for advertisement:
- Construction of pedestrian sidewalk and trail improvements in the northern zone of Precinct 2.
- Construction of pedestrian sidewalk and trail improvements in the southern zone of Precinct 2.